Board index Government and Politics

Government, politics, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Amendments to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Equal Access Law, and anything else that comes to mind.
Forum rules
This is not a forum for partisan expressions, party wars, or insult. Its function is to discuss the way biblical teachings relate to our governmental systems.

Roy Moore

Postby Craving » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:40 pm

How do Christians justify supporting Roy Moore in the Alabama senate race?
Craving

Re: Roy Moore

Postby Maestro » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 pm

I don't know if they're supporting Moore as much as they are opposing his opponent who is vocally pro-abortion.
Maestro

Re: Roy Moore

Postby jimwalton » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am

I would guess that people are very confused. The accusations could just as easily be a political smear as they could be legitimate. And since we're in a position where it's difficult to know whom to trust and whom to believe, I would guess people are voting their guts. Moore has been in office for a long time. It's suspicious that this is just coming out now right before an important election. On the other hand, there have been an overflow of women who have been sexually abused in the past finally feeling safe to come public with it. I'm sure there's a lot of confusion, just as there was in the past presidential election when we had a choice between Hillary Clinton, who many very strongly suspected of being involved in criminal activities, and Donald Trump, who many though to be an immoral man. Sometimes people voted for one, not because they approved of him/her, but because they were so nauseated by the opponent.

I would also agree with Maestro that people are probably voting for party platforms rather than for personal morals.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Government and Politics