Board index Government and Politics

Government, politics, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Amendments to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Equal Access Law, and anything else that comes to mind.
Forum rules
This is not a forum for partisan expressions, party wars, or insult. Its function is to discuss the way biblical teachings relate to our governmental systems.

Would you vote for an atheist?

Postby Zombie Office » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Could you vote for a political candidate that was atheist? (Assuming you agree with them 90%+ of the time.)
Zombie Office

Re: Would you vote for an atheist?

Postby jimwalton » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:10 am

A candidate who makes wise and moral decisions, who leads the country in good directions, and deals well with the economy, education, businesses, and handles other countries well would get my vote.

As far as I know, there's an atheist in the Presidency now. I've seen very little evidence that Trump is a Christian of any stripe or color. I have no idea what his beliefs are. This is not to claim I voted for him or not (I'll keep that to myself), but it seems that many people (Christians) may have voted for an atheist (either because they thought he was the better of the two choices, or for some reason they believed he was a Christian. Who knows.). You know, it's also possible that Obama was an atheist. There was little evidence that I saw that he was any kind of Christian. Some were convinced he was Muslim. But he never really took a stance or made it clear, as far as I know. All I'm saying is that sometimes candidates make religious stances or hints just to get votes, but an examination of their lives shows an absence of any particular religious persuasions or commitments. Obama and Trump are two of those, in my opinion.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:10 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Government and Politics