Board index Government and Politics

Government, politics, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Amendments to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Equal Access Law, and anything else that comes to mind.
Forum rules
This is not a forum for partisan expressions, party wars, or insult. Its function is to discuss the way biblical teachings relate to our governmental systems.

Re: The US Legal system and the 10 commandments

Postby Kingston » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 pm

> As I wrote, "[The Torah] was God's directions to His people

Indeed - The Law.

> about how to maintain access to His presence and preserve His favor so that God's identity would be well reflected by the people, to shape them into a society that would reflect God's character and values in the midst of other nations.

Which is the function of The Law

I'm sorry but all you've done is repeatedly demonstrate the point which I've made.
Kingston

Re: The US Legal system and the 10 commandments

Postby jimwalton » Fri May 04, 2018 11:07 pm

Then you've missed my thesis repeatedly, no matter how many different ways I try to describe it. Let me try once more: The Torah is how to maintain access to God's presence and preserve His favor so that God's identity, character, and values would be well-reflected by the people. It is defining cosmic order. It is a way of life. It is an expression of the covenant.

IT IS NOT A LEGAL CODE.
IT IS NOT A LAW OF MORALS or CONSTRUCTING A CODE OF MORALITY.
IT IS NOT LEGISLATION.
IT IS NOT A LIST OF RULES.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 04, 2018 11:07 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Government and Politics