Board index Astronomy & Astrology

The planets and their positions, the stars, & signs and wonders in the heavens

Pisces vs Scorpio

Postby astroman » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:54 am

Hi guys, hope you are doing well!

Who knows if a good couple will come out of Pisces and Scorpio?

My sign is Pisces (male) and I have a Scorpio girlfriend, does anyone have any experience?
There are 12 zodiac signs in total, and each of them has its own characteristics. The zodiac signs compatibility chart allows you to find out the compatibility between these 12 signs.
astroman

Re: Pisces vs Scorpio

Postby jimwalton » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:44 am

No experience here. I have found, when I followed my horoscope for several months, is that it is dreadfully unreliable and most often wrong. I found that I couldn't place stock in it as telling me the truth. That's why I'm confident that the Bible says to avoid such things‚ because they so often will give you the wrong information and create problems for you because you made decisions based on them.

Rather, I would say a good couple is made by people who love each other and are willing to sacrifice for each other, who have mutual interests and are a good "fit" for each other as far as personality. A good couple is made by people who share similar values and seek the same things out of life. A good couple is made by people who hang in there when the going gets tough and who learn to grow from their conflicts rather than hurt each other with them.

What I'm saying is that good couples are made by love, work, commitment, and will, not by one's astrological house of birth. But let's talk about it more if you want to.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby astroman » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:39 am

jimwalton wrote:Rather, I would say a good couple is made by people who love each other and are willing to sacrifice for each other, who have mutual interests and are a good "fit" for each other as far as personality. A good couple is made by people who share similar values and seek the same things out of life. A good couple is made by people who hang in there when the going gets tough and who learn to grow from their conflicts rather than hurt each other with them.

Of course, I agree with this, but still, there is a pattern in this matter, and for the most part, astrology predictions come true.
There are 12 zodiac signs in total, and each of them has its own characteristics. The zodiac signs compatibility chart allows you to find out the compatibility between these 12 signs.
astroman

Postby jimwalton » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:42 pm

This is where I guess we have different experiences and perspectives. For instance, I'm a Pisces. When I read about what Pisces people are like, it's hit and miss—some true, some not true, and at that rate, I have no confidence to believe it. For instance, I quickly grabbed this off a website:

Smart, creative, and deeply intuitive, Pisces can be close to psychic. Pisces feel things deeply, and have incredibly strong gut reactions. A Pisces "knows" things from deep within, and can often judge whether a person or situation is good or bad.

Me? Smart and creative, yes.
deeply intuitive, no.
Close to psychic? Not even close.
Feel things deeply, yes.
Have strong gut reactions: Hmm, depends.
Knows things from deep within, not really.
Can often judge whether a person or situation is good or bad: Not me.

So this short paragraph was right about 25-33%. A pretty bad batting average. I just don't see the evidence that astrological predictions come true.

So I looked at my predictions for today: (Again, I just grabbed a quick website, the first one I came across: https://www.msn.com/en-in/lifestyle/horoscope/pisces-horoscope-today-9-june-2022-pay-attention-to-food/ar-AAYf1NR

Prediction: It's time to speed up the plans. You will seize the opportunity. You will be interested in creative activities. You will meet your loved ones. Income sources will increase. Aesthetics will increase. Memory power will be strengthened. You will increase the happiness of your loved ones. Personal work will be completed. You will be effective in interviews. Set big goals.

This is laughable. It's a dull day at work. No one is coming to visit. Income sources will increase? I wish. Aesthetics will increase? I doubt it. We're doing construction, and are mostly in a deconstruction phase, not a rebuilding, aesthetic phase. Memory power will be strengthened? Unmeasurable, unable to tell. I will increase the happiness of my loved ones? I try to do that every day. Personal work will be completed: I hope so. This is what I do every day. But I'm involved in a long project in the attic; it certainly won't be completed today. I will be effective in interviews? I have no interviews.

So, "astrology predictions come true?" Not even close.

Let's keep talking about it. What's your response to all this?
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby astroman » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:04 am

Smart, creative, and deeply intuitive, Pisces can be close to psychic. Pisces feel things deeply, and have incredibly strong gut reactions. A Pisces "knows" things from deep within, and can often judge whether a person or situation is good or bad.

I know you may be surprised and I don't want to praise myself at all ;) but these two sentences really describe my nature.

About the astrological predictions, I don't pay attention to them as well. Because the horoscopes, for example, the daily horoscope, are not compiled taking into account the individual natal chart or many other nuances. In this case, I agree with you 100%.

Horoscopes are almost 90% wrong(but not astrology).
astroman

Postby jimwalton » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:53 am

But if it isn't accurate for everyone, can it be trusted? You said it's right on target for you, and I explained that it's only mediocre at best to describe me. So how can anyone know whether it's right for them or not? If it's not trustworthy for all, is it really trustworthy for any?
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby astroman » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:43 am

jimwalton, partially I agree with you, but in any case, I have my own opinion on this matter.

The natal chart provides great accuracy, but horoscopes and other general characteristics of the signs of the zodiac do not always coincide with reality.
astroman

Postby jimwalton » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:08 pm

I'm glad to talk about it. You're always welcome to your own opinion. What I was saying is that in my experience, horoscopes are dreadfully inaccurate, but even the natal charts were far from accurate. For me, it's a deal-breaker. I can't count on it or trust the information when it's wrong in so many aspects. To me it's like saying, "This map is 40% accurate." So can I count on it to get me where I'm trying to go? I don't think so. :roll:
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby astroman » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:26 am

jimwalton wrote:"This map is 40% accurate." So can I count on it to get me where I'm trying to go? I don't think so. :roll:

Definitely, no :D

But in my case, it has more accuracy ;)

Anyway, it was nice to discuss it. In my opinion, a discussion is the best way to learn more and move forward, so thanks!
astroman

Postby jimwalton » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:38 am

Thanks to you, also. Glad to talk.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Astronomy & Astrology