Board index Soul, Souls, and Ensoulment

Do we have souls? Are we souls? How do we know? What happens to souls? Who has them? Let's talk.

Is there anything you would sell your soul for?

Postby Babykin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Is there anything you would "sell your soul to the Devil" for? If you do believe in a devil that is. For example would you sell your soul to the devil for something huge like world peace, or even something little like the perfect body.
Babykin

Re: Is there anything you would sell your soul for?

Postby jimwalton » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:18 am

Paul, in Romans 9.3, expressed his passion so strongly—to be cursed by God if that's what it would take for his people to know Christ and the life-changing power of God's salvation. Of course, that's not how salvation works, and so it wasn't played through, but it was a noble sentiment expressed by Paul.

I'd like to think I was so noble, but alas and alack, probably not. If you really want the Christian answer (and you're not just toying with me), the real answer is that it has already been done. Jesus already "sold his soul to the devil" for the salvation of humanity, world peace and reconciliation, healing, and meaning and purpose. So it's all already been done. And then he broke the power of the devil, death, and hell, so he's not bound. He was too strong to be contained. So there's nothing I would sell my soul to the devil for (and I do believe in him). My soul is spoken for.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:18 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Soul, Souls, and Ensoulment