Board index Animals

What does the Bible say about animals, how we are to treat them, what they are in essence, and what happens to them when they die. Are animals in Heaven?

Religion about animals.

Postby Cheap » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:29 pm

I've seen the religious people kill and torture the other animals, people feel zero compassion for them because according to religion they have no soul, no purpose, no meaning.

What do you say about this?

Why your god made animals to be in such an unfavorable situation? Every sacrifice was a + point to believers to be forgiven.
Cheap

Re: Religion about animals.

Postby jimwalton » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:38 pm

What does Christianity say about how we should treat animals? In Christianity, animals are to be cared for. Here are my evidences and reasons.

1. Psalm 148.7 & 10 teach that the existence of animals brings praise to God, and they are part of all the cosmos that brings glory to God.

2. Genesis 1 teaches that God gave humans the responsibility to care for creation. We are to "rule" in God's stead. Douglas Moo writes, "Dominion can only mean stewardship." It's a scientific mandate as well as a moral mandate to be good stewards of the planet and all that is on it, including animals. Buckram writes, "The concept of dominion implies responsibility and caretaking." We are co-regents with God. The Earth and all that is in it belongs to God, not to us (Ps. 24.1). Francis Schaeffer writes, "We are to exercise our dominion over these things not as though we are entitled to exploit them, but as things held in trust, which we are to use realizing that they are not ours intrinsically."

3. Animals have value because God made them (Gn. 1.20-22) and saw that it was good. Francis Schaeffer writes, "Nature is not just utilitarian, it has intrinsic value. ... The value of the things is not in themselves autonomously, but in that God made them, and thus they deserve to be treated with high respect. It is not to be romanticized, but it is to be respected."

4. Francis Schaeffer: "God treats his creation with integrity: each thing in its own order, each thing the way he made it. If God treats his creation that way, should we not trade our fellow-creature with a similar integrity? I love the creator, and I have respect for the thing he has made (Gn. 9.8-17)."

5. Again, Francis Schaeffer: "Christians, of all people, should not be the destroyers. We should treat nature with an overwhelming respect. We should treat nature now as God will treat it then."

6. Psalm 36.6. God respects and preserves animal life. So should we.

7. Proverbs 12.10 says righteous people take care of animals, not exploit or abuse them.

8. Proverbs 27.23 says we should give careful and caring attention to our animals.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:38 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Animals