Board index Heaven and Hell

What we know about heaven and hell

Is there love in heaven if you're alone on earth?

Postby Open My Heart » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:23 pm

I don't really know what heaven is like except no suffering. But usually people talk about being reunited with loved ones. What if you have no loved ones on earth? Like if your parents aren't in your life and you grew up with others and being abused. And you never really made friends or had a loving relationship and you don't have siblings or cousins. Will there be love there still or a family?
Open My Heart

Re: Is there love in heaven if you're alone on earth?

Postby jimwalton » Wed May 10, 2023 12:01 am

Yes, there is love in Heaven if you're alone on Earth. The Bible often speaks of the people of God as a family and a community.

Mark 3:31-35:
"Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.” “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked. Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

The whole point is that regardless of one's family (biological flesh and blood relationships), the "family" of God is a place of love and belonging.
God is love, and all who belong to Him become unified in His love, and love is a characteristic that defines God's people (John 13.34-35; 14.23; 15.9-10; 1 Jn. 2.10; 3.11-23).

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed May 10, 2023 12:01 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Heaven and Hell