Board index LGBT: Gays, Lesbians, Bisexual, Transgender, and Homosexuality

Let's talk about it. The Bible says some stuff, and our culture says a lot.
Forum rules
A conversation like this needs to show respect and understanding in every direction.

Re: question for anti-lgbt Christians

Postby I Swallowed a Fly » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:36 am

I know all about you I need to know. I know your values and your character.

You can have different perspectives. If one of those perspectives is that you treat people differently based on the person they love you have told me all about you that I need to know.

We have established the type of person you are. There isn't more to talk about. You have nothing else for me.
I Swallowed a Fly

Re: question for anti-lgbt Christians

Postby jimwalton » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:45 pm

> I know your values and your character.

You do not. You are prejudicially lumping me in with other people you know or have had conversations with. But it's only bias to assume my values and character are the same.

> If one of those perspectives is that you treat people differently based on the person they love you have told me all about you that I need to know.

I see that you say, "If...", meaning that you don't know if I do or not. That's what I mean. You don't know me, my values, or my character. You're just judging me with prejudice and bias.

> We have established the type of person you are.

We have not. We have established close to nothing about what type of person I am, except that I am very tolerant and patient with you, and am treating you with kindness.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:45 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to LGBT: Gays, Lesbians, Bisexual, Transgender, and Homosexuality