Board index Hinduism

All paths don't lead to the same place. Christianity and Hinduism are different in so many ways. But flavors of Hinduism are very popular in America. Let's talk about it.

Would God answer the prayer of a Hindu?

Postby TP Student » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:44 am

Do orthodox Christians believe God would hear and answer a prayer if it were made to for example the Hindu God Shiva ?
TP Student

Re: Would God answer the prayer of a Hindu?

Postby Cepital » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:50 am

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayers of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)

Your iniquities have made a separation between you and God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. (Isaiah 59:2)

We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God hears them. (John 9:31)

If anyone turns his ear away from hearing the law, even his prayers are an abomination. (Proverbs 28:9)
Cepital

Postby Young Maestro » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:55 am

Primarily, only God can answer that question, if He wills to respond to such a prayer, obviously knowing all things, including that the prayer is made, then in His wisdom, He will respond to such a prayer. Only God can answer that for any individual instance, though I personally am of the opinion that there are some faithful Hindus who, only through the grace of Christ, are charitable individuals, and consequently I am sure that God does answer their prayers, at least from time to time.
Young Maestro

Postby Paul 11 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm

I believe He could, though He wouldn't be happy about the false aspects of the religion. He looks on the heart, and answers prayer according His kind intentions, which preeminently have to do with leading men to Christ.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm.
Paul 11

Return to Hinduism