Board index Dreams

Do they mean anything? Does God still speak through dreams?

Do dreams come from God/the saints?

Postby Beginner » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm

On occasion I have a dream that has religious overtones. Do these dreams come from God, the saints, or is it just a religious topic that is on my (subconscious) mind?
Beginner

Re: Do dreams come from God/the saints?

Postby jimwalton » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm a Protestant, so I don't believe the "saints" give us anything, mediate anything, or do anything in our world. But that's not your real question.

At one point in my life, I was wondering if God would talk to me through my dreams, as He occasionally did to people in the Bible. So for 3 years (yeah, go figure) I kept track of my dreams. I woke myself up after dreams (yeah, very disruptive to my sleep and health, but hey, I wanted to know), wrote down enough for me to remember them the next day, and then I would analyze them. Sometimes I would catch more than one dream a night. I used the website [url]dreammoods.com[/url] and others to try to analyze the elements in them.

I did this for several years. Ugh. What I found out, at least for me, is that God wasn't talking to me in my dreams. My dreams were just pictures of what I was thinking and feeling, and what was going on my life. No messages, overt or secret, ever, that I was ever able to detect. After 3 years I gave up.

Now, some of the dreams had religious elements, whether undertones or overtones. But I determined, at least for me, that those were not messages from God, but just religious things on my mind.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:19 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Dreams