Board index Assorted Bible Questions

Assorted and general Bible questions that really don't fit any of the other categories

Will God speak to humanity again?

Postby Example » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:02 pm

If God spoke to Jesus in ancient times, would God speak again when humanity faced new thresholds of development?

I am a student of the New Message from God, which is to say, I believe the above question is answered rather simply, yes. What I want to know is, do Christians widely believe that there will never be a new set of Revelations for humanity, especially regarding climate change and contact with other life in the universe? Or do you believe that God may do what God wills, regardless of human beliefs? Either way, I respect your individual choices and beliefs, I am not here to argue or debate. Thank you for reading!
Example

Re: Will God speak to humanity again?

Postby jimwalton » Tue May 14, 2019 9:13 am

God is continually speaking to His people through the Holy Spirit (Jn. 16.8, 13-15). But the revelation of Himself is complete (Heb. 1.1-2; Rev. 22.18-19).

We know from Revelation 11.1-14 that in the End Time God will send two prophets (their identity is highly debated) who will testify (Rev. 11.7) presumably to Christ's nature and how to come to life in Christ.

There is no particular Scriptural reason to believe there will ever again be a new set of revelations of humanity (particularly about such themes as climate change and extraterrestrial life). There is every reason to believe that the Holy Spirit will guide believers into truth about such things so we can be agents of truth, reason, and reconciliation.

> Or do you believe that God may do what God wills, regardless of human beliefs?

I don't really understand what you mean by this, especially in contrast to "revelations ... regarding climate change and ... other life in the universe." You make it sound like it's either God will tell us about these scientific questions or else He does whatever He wants and ignores us. To me that's a false dichotomy and not really what the two choices are (if there are only two).

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue May 14, 2019 9:13 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Assorted Bible Questions