Board index Creation and Evolution

Evolution and Creation. Where did we come from? How did we get here? What is life all about?

Why did God create man knowing he would sin?

Postby Ethel » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:15 am

Why make man if he knew man would sin? I beleive there are certain things we will never know; however I am sure there is no answer but I have wondered for years why Did God ever make man since He knew Adam would sin and all of this pain, trouble and sickness would come in the world. I know there is a Scripture where Jehovah said 'He is sorry He ever made man' as if He did not know man would sin. Then there is another Scripture where He said from the foundation of the world Jesus was to come and redeem man back to Jehovah which means He knew man would sin. Am I wrong to wonder "Why"?
Ethel

Re: Why did God create man knowing he would sin?

Postby Rev. Joy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:18 am

God created man so he would have fellowship with him. Man was created to love and be loved by God. God created man as a free moral agent and gave man a choice between whether he would obey God or not. Although God is omniscient and knew what would transpire, his love transcends man's frailties. Ethel, It is never wrong to ask questions. Even the disciples who became Apostles asked the Lord questions. It is in this posture of meekness and humility that God delights in. We must always remain humble and come to God as little children. Compare the analogy with your earthly children. When they come to you, as earthly parents do we not smile upon them in pleasure and anxiously answer their questions? How much more will our heavenly father do the same! However, your first statement is true to some degree. Deut:29:29; says, The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: (kjv) Gen:6:6; is the scripture that says: It repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth. (kjv)
Rev. Joy

Postby Ethel » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:21 am

I am not blaming God for man sinning. I believe He made man for His glory and fellowship and to love Him. My question was "Why make man when He knew man was going to sin and then say "He hated He made men" That is confusing to me. I love God and does not blame Him for anything. The Bible say "above all get an understanding". That is what I am trying to do. As I stated there will be things I will never get the answer realizing God's thoughts are way above out thoughts and He see things I will never see.
Ethel

Postby Steve Watson » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:29 am

God's purpose for man is greater than man. If man had not sinned-the qualities of God's grace, mercy, forgiveness, love and others could never be seen and known. In order for God to reveal all that He is and to reveal His heart of love, He allowed man to sin with the eternal intention of sending His Son, the Lord Jesus, to pay for our sins out of love and grace. God desires to be known for all that He is-and loved as He truly and completely is.
Steve Watson

Postby jimwalton » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Watchman Nee writes that God created man because He wanted more children. God was not satisfied that Christ should remain his only begotten son. He wanted more children who were like Christ and likewise glorified.
Rom. 8.16-18 – heirs of God, his children
Rom. 8.29-30 – Jesus is firstborn among many brothers
John 1.14 – Jesus was God’s only begotten, but (v.12) he wanted more children
Heb. 2.10 – God wanted to glorify more sons

And even though He knew we would sin, He knew His power of redemption was stronger than our sin. As the old hymn says, "Grace that is greater than all our sin."

Why was God grieved that he had made man? Because they chose evil and refused to repent from it. No one likes to punish the ones we love. But God cannot allow evil to stand. God is "auditing the accounts," so to speak, and grieved over the only possible recourse: judgment.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Creation and Evolution