Board index Creation and Evolution

Evolution and Creation. Where did we come from? How did we get here? What is life all about?

Why did God create this stupid existence?

Postby Pet Rocks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:23 pm

This existence is really not that great. We are basically just animals who are just trying to survive and reproduce. We are a sexually dimorphic species, where males will have to compete to gain access to females. This in itself creates violence and wars. We are just violent hominids who are controlled by our biology and genes. I put forth the claim that non existence would be preferable to this existence, because this existence is mostly pain and striving, with a few moments of the absence of pain which we call happiness.
Pet Rocks

Re: Why did God create this stupid existence?

Postby jimwalton » Sat May 05, 2018 12:53 am

According to the Bible, our existence finds its meaning in God alone. If you are without God, denying him or rejecting him, that would explain why you interpret existence as stupid. According to the Bible, we are not just animals trying to survive, but God-images with meaning, purpose, and value. We are not just evolutionary products, but the products of loving and intelligent creation, designed for a purpose and given significance.

As a Christian, I find life greatly fulfilling, purposeful, meaningful, and loving. I pursue intellectual stimulation, musical enrichment, good friendships. Existence in Christ is a completely different reality than existence without him.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat May 05, 2018 12:53 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Creation and Evolution