Board index Salvation

How do we come into a relationship with God? What does that mean, and how does one go about that? How does somebody get to heaven?

Re: What must I do to be saved?

Postby Head William » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:31 pm

I see , so you believe the same stuff as these religionists do here in Ireland. that's not good as there is no justice in that god the father beat up his own son for me , cant be right that's what anselm taught that's crap if you would only think about that , if you beat up your son you would be in jail tomorrow , no that's not correct doctrine at all., so we didn't die after all,.. not correct
Head William

Postby jimwalton » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Oh, but you misunderstand. The Son did it willingly. The Father didn’t beat up his Son for you; the Son gave himself for you, as an act of love. Like a father who runs into traffic to save his child, or a mother who goes into a burning house to save her child. That’s what God did for you. He took the bullet for you, because he loved you enough to do that.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Head William » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:35 pm

I see God the Father pulled the trigger and Jesus took the bullet. does not add it .
I see , so you believe the same stuff as these religionists do here in Ireland
Head William

Postby jimwalton » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Suppose there was a military operation, and the sergeant said, “I need a volunteer for a very dangerous mission.” A gent steps forward and says, “I go.” The Sergeant says, “I’ll be sending you into enemy territory, and you will probably die accomplishing your mission.” The soldier says, “I’ll do it, sir. It needs to be done.”

Did the officer send him, or did the soldier go willingly? It was both. The Father sent the Son, and the Son volunteered. There’s justice in because it was done willingly and with the motive of love.

Your interest in the Bible and religion is intriguing, since you’re not favorably receptive to religionists. Why the “interest” if there is no “interest”?
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Head William » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:35 pm

I'm interested in all the contradictions in the bible; I'm interested in the way so called Christians answer these contradictions. I'm interested in the lives that these so called Christians live, because little or no love is forth coming from them. These same so-called Christians tell me I would need to change—turn or burn type attitude—and yet these same Christians live lives that are so contradictory, hence my interest in the 33,000 different Christian groups that say they have it right, and yet they claim to follow the one God Jesus. AMAZING

Maybe I will share some contradictions, as long as I get heart answers. I don't want topically theoretically, dispensational, millennial-type answers. I want answers that a child can understand, no offense given but you, those terms, terms that a child would never understand, answers have to be child like. That's what bible suggests. Answers must be love, for God IS love. The bible should be a base of child like love. If you can answer in love-type childlike ways, no big college words, then we can share. If not, sharing is impossible.
Head William

Postby jimwalton » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Now that sounds like an interesting conversation to me. I’d be glad to have that talk. What are your questions? What "contradictions" would you like to talk about?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:37 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Salvation