Board index LGBT: Gays, Lesbians, Bisexual, Transgender, and Homosexuality

Let's talk about it. The Bible says some stuff, and our culture says a lot.
Forum rules
A conversation like this needs to show respect and understanding in every direction.

What is more offensive to God?

Postby Teen Mutant Turtles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:37 pm

What is more offensive to God, futa or homosex?
Teen Mutant Turtles

Re: What is more offensive to God?

Postby jimwalton » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Sin of any kind breaks the relationship with God. While we are told that some sins are worse than others (Jn. 19.11), we're not given the list ranking them. We are to die to all sin, no matter what it is (1 Peter 2.24).
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Teen Mutant Turtles » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 pm

If you can't see the difference between wishing harm on someone, and actually going on to murder someone, I have to question your intelligence.
Teen Mutant Turtles

Postby jimwalton » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 am

Well, then, we're safe. No need to question my intelligence. Any idiot can see the difference between those two, as can I, so i don't belong in the class of idiots. As I said, the Bible tells us some sins are worse than others. The difference between wishing harm on someone and actually following through on it is clear, though the heart attitude between the two is much closer.

You, on the other hand, have asked a different question (futa or homosex), and if the answer were so clear you wouldn't have had to ask. But since the Bible doesn't gives a list ranking sins, it's like asking "Does God prefer ice cream to broccoli?", or maybe closer to your point, "Which is more abominable to God: transsexuals or homosexuals?" We're not given such information. The information was ARE given is that sin of any kind breaks the relationship with God, and we as humans are supposed to turn from sin.

Now, if your question is more to the order of "Is God going to judge people fairly or unfairly?", the Bible gives a clear answer to that: He will judge them fairly. Nothing will sneak past him, nothing will confuse him, nothing will be hidden from him. He takes all factors into account and makes the absolutely right decision.

It seems you are assuming both futa and homosex are offensive to God. Assuming such, you have your answer. If they are offensive, they are worthy of proper judgment, and God will judge properly. I'm trying to figure out why else you would have asked the question. All I can assume is that you are wondering which one will be judged more harshly. Dunno. But if you want to avoid judgment, love God and live to please him. Then the answer to the question won't be of personal consequence to you, but only to those who reject God.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to LGBT: Gays, Lesbians, Bisexual, Transgender, and Homosexuality