Board index Noah's Ark & the Flood

Has Noah's ark been found?

Postby Discrete User » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:16 pm

What is your view about the Noah's Ark that people claim to have found in Turkey?

Like this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/noahs-ark-turkish-mountain-add-in-name-renew-search-academic-paul-esprante-a8023041.html?amp

I checked different sources and I really don't know what to think about it. I've in some of them that carbon tests proves the age matching with the Biblical event.

What is your view on this?
Discrete User

Re: Has Noah's ark been found?

Postby jimwalton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:15 pm

The article you linked to doesn't claim to have found it, but only that they're going to look for it...again. They haven't found the ark and I don't think they're ever going to. I believe in the literal flood, but I don't think the flood was global, we don't know when the flood was, and I think the numbers describing the size of the ark are not to be taken literally. In other words, I don't think finding the ark is gonna happen. You say that "in some of them that carbon tests proves the age matching with the Biblical event," but we don't know when the biblical flood was, so that doesn't help us. I mean, it's fine if people want to look for it, but I think it's a waste of time and money. I don't think they'll ever find it.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:15 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Noah's Ark & the Flood