Board index Islam

Christian missionaries are deceiving Muslims

Postby Fan 101 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Hey, can you watch this video?

https://youtu.be/uszWMNQkuiM

The speaker talks about how Christian missionaries are deceitful.
Fan 101

Re: Christian missionaries are deceiving Muslims

Postby jimwalton » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:43 pm

It doesn't surprise me that Christian missionaries are spreading Bible verses to Muslims. It would surprise me, however, that the Muslims are unaware of it. One example the speaker gave was "God is love." Being an ex-Muslim, you quickly realize that the Qur'an teaches no such thing. Allah is compassionate (Surah 1.3), but he is not love, and he is not personal. While Allah has personal qualities, no Muslim would refer to him as personal (shakhsi).

But let's talk about it. I don't consider it to be deceptive to print material in someone's language. And if the message is a distinctively Christian one ("God is love," 1 Jn. 4.16) and not Islamic at all, where's the deceit? Let's talk.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Fan 101 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Most Muslims have poor understanding in Arabic, which is sad. But there are Christians also who don't know Hebrew and Greek. Their numbers are huge.
Fan 101

Postby jimwalton » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:47 pm

The difference is that Islam is a religion of the book: Muslims have to learn Arabic because the Qur'an is not to be translated and the Qur'an itself is the manifestation of Allah. In Christianity, Christians don't need to learn Hebrew and Greek. Jesus is the manifestation of YHWH. Jesus, not the book, is sacred. Therefore the Bible has been translated into thousands of languages to give people easy access to the truth in their own language. In Islam, whoever wants to read must learn Arabic.

But I'm curious: are you saying that Muslims don't know that the Qur'an doesn't teach "God is love"?
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Fan 101 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 pm

No, I am saying because of some Muslims lack of arabic they misunderstood the words from the posters.

Muslims don't look at the arabic words in the posters or paper carefully. Because of that they make such mistake.

الله محمد means Allah Muhammad

الله محبت means Allah is love

some muslims mistakenly read محبت as محمد

but if they look carefully than they will find the difference.
Fan 101

Postby jimwalton » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:12 am

So do you take that as Christians being deceptive?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:12 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Islam