Board index Islam

christians leaving the faith for Islam

Postby Alcoa » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:20 pm

Help me understand why so many Christians are leaving for Islam and how you feel about it.

I’ve watched many youtube videos the past few weeks of Christians leaving Christianity for Islam. They cite the lack of discipline in Christianity, the scientific miracles of the Quran and the corrupted gospels. How do you feel about this? Does it scare you that according to Islam you could be going to hell?
Alcoa

Re: christians leaving the faith for Islam

Postby jimwalton » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:07 am

There is always a great movement going on. I have also read in the past few weeks that there is a tremendous movement in Iran where thousands upon thousands of Muslims are coming to Christ. There is a great flux in these matters. What matters is grand trends, which is tough to get reliable statistics about. You know the saying: there are small lies, big lies, and statistics.

> They cite the lack of discipline in Christianity

American Christians lack discipline, but Christians in other countries (African countries, South America, and South Korea, to name a few) not so much.

> the scientific miracles of the Quran

You baffled me with this one. Scientific miracles of the Qur'an???

> the corrupted gospels.

It's a common Islamic slur of Christianity, but it's an accusation that is both unfounded and impossible. Too few people do their homework, and they just buy into stuff they read on the internet or that someone tells them.

> How do you feel about this?

It's regrettable and even tragic that people would desert the truth for a lie, but it happens all the time. It's part of life. We work against it, but don't lose sleep over it.

> Does it scare you that according to Islam you could be going to hell?

No it doesn't, because Christianity has the weight of evidence behind it and Islam doesn't.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:07 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Islam