Board index Islam

Is it possible to be a Unitarian Christian Muslim?

Postby Diet 4Ever » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 am

This may sound like a self contradicting question. However, as you know, Muslims don’t believe in the trinity, so does Unitarianism. In fact, it has been reported that Unitarianism is the most closely related Christian denomination to Islam. So my question is, can I be a Unitarian Christian Muslim or is there something in either doctrine that creates a contradiction. Yes, I can be any religion, I know that, I didn’t come here to hear that, I came here to see if it’s possible to be a Unitarian Christian Muslim. I hope this is a good question
Diet 4Ever

Re: Is it possible to be a Unitarian Christian Muslim?

Postby jimwalton » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:07 am

To deny the trinity is to deny the deity of Christ. Neither Unitarians nor Muslims believe that Jesus is God.Those who do not believe Jesus is God are not counted among those who belong to Christ, who are saved, and who are part of His people. John was emphatic in his Gospel, by using the words of Jesus, that those who did not believe that Jesus is God did not belong to God (John 1.1-14).

Also, Islam and Christianity are contradictory faiths. They cannot both be true. I have met plenty of Muslim-background believers (who have given up Islam to be Christians), but it's not possible to be both a practicing Muslim and a practicing Christian.

Therefore it's a three-way contradiction to think you could be a Unitarian Christian Muslim. Christianity demands the recognition of Jesus as God. Also, one must choose which Scripture is the accurate revelation of the true God: either the Qur'an or the Bible. Since the two books and theologies contradict each other, both cannot be true.

We can talk bout this more if you wish.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:07 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Islam