Board index Jehovah's Witness

Are the Jehovah's Witnesses Christian?

Postby Bear Bryant » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Are the Jehovah's witnesses Christian? Yes or no and why?
Bear Bryant

Re: Are the Jehovah's Witnesses Christian?

Postby jimwalton » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:15 pm

No, they're not. They don't believe that Jesus is God, the primary thought behind "Christian" (1 John 2.22; 5.1). They believe Jesus was created. They don't believe Jesus's death on the cross saves people from sin—Romans 10.9-10 (instead, they believe His death + their works saves them). They don't believe that Jesus's death grants eternal life. They're not Christians.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Bear Bryant » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:20 pm

Okay
Bear Bryant

Postby Scape211 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:37 pm

I believe most JWs will call themselves Christians and promote themselves as similar to the Christian faith. I actually had one come to my door recently (a couple months before COVID). I didn't really have time to talk, but they left me their scripture and a web address. Generally poking around on the site makes it seem very similar to the Christian faith on the surface. Even though I know they have very different core beliefs and even practices some would consider cult behavior. I honestly feels quite sketchy to me.
Scape211

Postby jimwalton » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:48 pm

They most certainly do consider themselves to be Christians, but their core beliefs disqualify them from the category. They had to translate their own version of the Scriptures (The New World Translation) to successfully deceive their clientele. If their people got to read the real Bible, they'd know that JW theology was heretical. They work very hard to only tell certain facts so that they have the appearance of "Christian," but get below the surface and the heresy becomes obvious. It's a cult of deceit.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:48 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Jehovah's Witness