Board index The End of the World

Everybody's interested, but nobody cares? Endless theories, wild speculation, and many ancient prophecies. What does the Bible say? Ask what you want.

Ezekiel 39

Postby Sooey » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:14 am

Hello. Please be familiar with the previous Gog Magog war texts; feel free to read the following end of chapter:

“Therefore thus says the Lord God: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob and have mercy on the whole house of Israel, and I will be jealous for my holy name. They shall forget their shame and all the treachery they have practiced against me, when they dwell securely in their land with none to make them afraid, when I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them from their enemies’ lands, and through them have vindicated my holiness in the sight of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, because I sent them into exile among the nations and then assembled them into their own land. I will leave none of them remaining among the nations anymore. And I will not hide my face anymore from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, declares the Lord God.”

Ezekiel 39:25‭-‬29 ESV https://bible.com/bible/59/ezk.39.25-29.ESV

Questions

1. Is the state or sovereign nation of modern Israel in any way a fulfillment of Bible prophecy?

2. According to this text, it would be post Gog Magog war Regathering, and most of the details included have not yet come to pass. The Jews are not "securely in their land with none to make them afraid" , God has not yet "brought them all back from the peoples and gathered them from their enemies’ lands." God says "I will leave none of them remaining among the nations anymore. And I will not hide my face anymore from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, declares the Lord God.”

Does this text remain unfulfilled?
Thank you.
Sooey

Re: Ezekiel 39

Postby jimwalton » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:46 pm

I believe that the modern nation of Israel is a fulfillment of Bible prophecy. There are many texts that speak of Israel's restoration as a nation. Some Christians claim that all of those prophecies have now transferred to the Church because of Israel's rejection of Jesus, but I think this answer is both inadequate given all of the prophecies about Israel and also therefore incorrect.

I believe the events of Ezekiel 39 have not yet come to pass. Israel has been restored, but I believe the Bible teaches it will be once again conquered, and will then yet another time be restored as YHWH Himself moves against "Gog" and defeats it. Ezekiel 33-48 teaches that Israel will be reborn and restored under Davidic leadership, and God will return to again dwell among His people. These events have not yet happened.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:46 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to The End of the World