Board index God

How do we know there's a God? What is he like?

Does the concept of God comfort you? Why?

Postby Elvis » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Does the concept of God comfort you? Why?
Elvis

Re: Does the concept of God comfort you? Why?

Postby jimwalton » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:16 am

Yes, the concept of God comforts me. Without God we are just an agglomeration of chemicals assembled by random processes. There is no purpose in life, no meaning, and good or bad, we just are, we survive, and we die. But to me that's a dishonest view of life; we know better than that.

It also comforts me to know that I am loved and cared for. God is love, and He shows his love for me.

It comforts me to know that there is an accountability to life: there is justice. Evil people will be punished for what they do; good people will be rewarded. It's the way it should be.

It comforts me to know that there is such a truth, and truth can be known.

It comforts me that we were created and that creation had a purpose. Naturalism defies purpose and even defies the reliability of reason. After all, if all was just time + matter + chance, I can't even trust my own thoughts.

I am comforted by the assurance of salvation. I can be sure that I will spend eternity with God. It's not a salvation I had to earn or deserve, but it was a free gift to me because of the love of God/Jesus. It's a great comfort that I don't have to worry or be concerned about eternity. It's a done deal.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:16 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to God