Board index Assorted Bible Questions

Assorted and general Bible questions that really don't fit any of the other categories

Re: Circumcision and Christianity

Postby Yes Man » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:45 am

> And I certainly don't know why you consider it narcissistic.

When you literally create a religion to call yourselves as the chosen people and a political system to maintain a higher standard for you(i.e a different standard from other ethnicities) then you are narcissistic in nature.

If a holy God really exists then he will chose people based on their character, but not based on their ethnicity.
Yes Man

Re: Circumcision and Christianity

Postby jimwalton » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:42 pm

> When you literally create a religion to call yourselves as the chosen people and a political system to maintain a higher standard for you(i.e a different standard from other ethnicities) then you are narcissistic in nature.

This is not what happened. You're making this up.

> If a holy God really exists then he will chose people based on their character, but not based on their ethnicity

He didn't choose them on their ethnicity. He chose Abraham because Abraham was responsive and teachable. Abraham's progeny, then, continued in the plan of God's revelation. All of the "nations" of that day were the progeny of a tribal leader: Moabites, Edomites, Jebusites, Canaanites, Perizzites—that's the way biology works. But God didn't choose Abraham to isolate and privilege a specific ethnic group. You're making that up. Instead, He revealed Himself to a man who was responsive, just as you are hoping a holy God would do.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:42 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Assorted Bible Questions