Board index Assorted Bible Questions

Assorted and general Bible questions that really don't fit any of the other categories

Religious/ spiritual views

Postby Pickles » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:56 pm

Hey hey!! I really wanna talk to someone about my religious views and was wondering if you knew anyone who could help. I definitely believe in the Abrahamic God but also believe in other weird things like energy, nature, and astrology. My views are really all over the place and so I don’t really know what I’m looking for. I want to get into God again but it’s really hard when most religions believe you can only believe in god and not the spiritual side of things. I think I’m looking for someone with a lot of knowledge on many religions and beliefs to guide me to something I can practice and put more into. If you know any websites,podcast, groups on websites, organizations, books, I mean anything please let me know!!
Pickles

Re: Religious/ spiritual views

Postby jimwalton » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:50 am

I'd be glad to talk to you, but my experience has been different. I definitely believe in the Abrahamic God, but have also discovered a great deceit in astrology. At one point in my life I followed astrology to find out the truth of it; it was wrong at least 98% of the time, and I was VERY put off by it. I was SO put off that I recognized it as a false path. I'd be glad to discuss it more.

As far as nature is concerned, as a Christian I believe in the sacredness of nature as having value as a creation of God, but not in any spirits of nature. In one sense humans are part of natural world, since we are animal organisms and share in the sense that we are created beings and not divine. In another sense, it's obvious to observe that humans are unique beings, and our spiritual lives and perceptions are not part of the rest of creation (trees, plants, the wind, fire, water, or animals). But I'd be glad to talk about it with you.

I certainly and definitely believe in the spiritual side of things, but I also have a sense of truth based in objective reality and not in religious appearances. I have found that much poking into spirit guides, channelers, concepts of human divinity, astrology, nature spirits, and such are the fruit of inadequacy rather than the path to truth.

Have you ever poked around in the CANA website? http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:50 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Assorted Bible Questions