Board index Dreams

Do they mean anything? Does God still speak through dreams?

Hey I got a question about a dream I had

Postby Campy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:00 pm

So I had a dream and I need some to decipher the dream for me. The go’s kind of like this “I am standing next to Jesus and I ask (how dose it feel to die?) he dose not respond. He walks over and try’s to grab my shoulder and of course I did not think that would happen. But when his hand got to my shoulder I fell and my vision faded away the I saw white and a boom, not like a bomb just a booming noise. And then I I got up and then the dream ended. Can some one tell me what this means!
Campy

Re: Hey I got a question about a dream I had

Postby jimwalton » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:59 pm

From http://www.dreammoods.com

Jesus: To see Jesus in your dream foretells that your greatest desires and goals will be realized. This dream serves to console and strengthen you in your times of adversity, hardship and struggle. You will rise above a difficult situation or circumstance and become victorious.

Noise: To hear or make a strange noise in your dream signifies the unexpected and the unknown. You may be expressing some fear or confusion about a situation in your waking life. The noise in your dream may serve as a way to attract your attention to that issue. Alternatively, a noise represents a breakthrough into your personal struggles. Perhaps you need to be more vocal and be heard. Or perhaps you need to break through a barrier that has been holding you back.

Colors: Colors in dreams represent energy, emotions, and vibes. First consider what that single color in your dream means to you and your own personal associations and relationship with that color. In general, pale pastel colors indicate weakness or subtlety. Dark colors represent passion and intensity. Bright colors (like your bright white) mean awareness.

I have found that dreams are more us working through what's going on in our lives, not any kind of message. If I put the three together, I would guess (without knowing you or your situation at all), that you are going through some fear/confusion/hardship/struggle, and that you are starting to figure it out or come out of it.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Crystal » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:32 pm

I’m sorry, but how can I verify that what you are saying about dreams is true? This sounds more like esoteric point of view, something the Bible condemns.
Crystal

Postby jimwalton » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:47 pm

You can't. No one can. Interpreting dreams is not science, it's based on experience. For three years I woke myself in the middle of the night and wrote down my dreams. Then during the day I worked on interpreting them. I found this website to be helpful. I found that there was never a message from God in my dreams (as there were for Daniel, Joseph (of Jacob), Joseph (married to Mary), and others. But they were quite reliably a reflection of what was going on in my life. Many other people have had the same experience (a reflection of life, not a message from God). I do believe God speaks in dreams, but He has never spoken to me that way, that I have perceived.

So I was trying to be helpful. If it's not helpful, then ignore it.

But you claim that the Bible condemns an esoteric point of view about dreams. Jeremiah, as well as Zechariah 10.2 condemn false prophets using fake dream interpretations. But that's not what I was doing. I'm not claiming to prophesy. Instead, it seems to me this person is going through some difficult times, and his/her dreams reflect that, as they always did with me. The dreams also indicate that the OP is feeling some sense of hope for the future.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:47 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Dreams