“The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.” How does a woman tear her house down?
1. Berating, and changing, every decision her husband makes.
2. Making husbands feel worthless and stupid
4. Manipulating husbands with false displays of feelings
5. Tearing husbands down because nothing is good enough
6. Telling negative stories about her husband in public
The intention of the proverb is to warn young men from associating with and marrying foolish women. See also Proverbs chapters 5-7.
Instead of what is above, the Bible wants us to build into our lives a reverent spirit, a grateful heart, a servant’s attitude, and a clear conscience.