Board index Paul the Apostle

Paul is such an important figure in Christianity. There are many questions about his life and writings and his place in Christian theology.

Do you believe people when they say they see Jesus?

Postby Artful Ed » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Do you believe testimonies where people say that they saw Jesus with their own eyes?

For those that doubt their testimony in anyway, why then do you believe Paul's testimony written 2,000 years ago?
Artful Ed

Re: Do you believe people when they say they see Jesus?

Postby jimwalton » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:41 pm

I wouldn't just believe them automatically. There would be a lot of evaluation involved. I believe some people do our could see Jesus with their own eyes—Jesus does that kind of thing. But these people who see Jesus in a potato chip, Jesus on the side of a water tower, or Jesus in the collapsing twin towers or Jesus in the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral—nah.

Right now there have been many credible stories of Muslims having visions of Jesus. God is at work in the Islamic community.

> why then do you believe Paul's testimony written 2,000 years ago?

Paul writes credibly and authentically. Smart guy with nothing to gain by deceit. I find his writings to be wise, insightful, honest, and reliable. So I also believe him when he says he saw Jesus.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Artful Ed » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:58 pm

> Right now there have been many credible stories of Muslims having visions of Jesus. God is at work in the Islamic community.

In this day and age there are Christians who become Muslims. Does that make Islam true?
Artful Ed

Postby jimwalton » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:15 pm

Of course not. The question wasn't, "Does that make it true?" Your question was, "Do you believe testimonies where people say that they saw Jesus with their own eyes?" The answer is, "Sometimes, yes. It depends." I never said that seeing Jesus makes it true, or that when Christians become Muslims, that makes Islam true. That wasn't even part of the conversation.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:15 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Paul the Apostle