It doesn’t take the gift of prophecy, but I have been saying for about 3 years that the LGBTQ+ community would bring about the large-scale demise of the true church, intellectual persecution and marginalization of Christianity (if not making it illegal), and widespread discrimination against Christians and Christianity. It is happening.
* 2002-2005: Pastors in Canada can be arrested for speaking against LGBTQ* 2012: Baker in CO sued & fined for not serving LGBT. Exonerated by SCOTUS, sued again, exonerated again, sued again. It’s harassment, pure and simple.
* 2015: Kim Davis, County Clerk in KY, widely criticized for not serving LGBTQ
*2016: US Commission on Civil Rights argued that Bible-believing Christians use “religious liberty” as a cover for “discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance.”
* 2017: The SPLC labelled Christian churches and Christian organizations as “hate groups.” Mark Potok said, “…our aim in life is to destroy these groups, completely destroy them.”
* Dec, 2017: A fire chief in Atlanta was fired for writing (in his spare time and not related to work) in support of the traditional view of marriage.
* Jan, 2018, a case is going to Canada Supreme Court saying that if you are a Christian you can’t go to law school (because of LGBTQ).
* Feb, 2018: A Christian couple in Edmonton, Alberta, was turned down for adopting a child because they held biblical views of sexuality and marriage.
* Feb, 2018: Erie County (NY) voted to throw Christian counselors in jail for helping teens overcome unwanted same-sex attraction, or for teaching what the Bible says about homosexuality. Vote passed in March.
* Feb, 2018: A well-respected Christian student organization was placed on probation for relieving a female student leader of her leadership position for dating another woman. They were labeled as a hate group.
* May 2018: A motivational speaker was “dis-invited” from speaking on an apolitical life-affirming message at a local high school because he supports traditional marriage (the subject of his talk was neither marriage nor sexuality).
* June 2018: A Christian high school teacher in IN was forced to resign for refusing to call transgender students by their chosen first names instead of—as was his policy—the all them by their last names.
* June 2018: The Canadian gov’t request to recognize a Christian lawyer because he rejected full LGBTQ acceptance. Trinity Western Univ. was refused the right to start a Christian law school because it would teach Christian marriage.
* Nov, 2018: A Christian student senator UC Berkeley was harassed and bullied for abstaining from a vote fully encoring LGBTQ.
* March 2019: Chick-fil-A was refused a franchise on Rider Univ. campus because the owners of Chick-Fil-A are Christians.
* March 2019: Someone on reddit reposted a youtube of Chris Hedges from 2007 claiming that Christians = American Fascists, with the comment that it is “accurately prophetic. Someone else (with many agreements) claimed that Chick-Fil-A “pushes hate.”
* March 2019: Chick-Fil-A has now been banned at the San Antonio airport, the Buffalo airport and Rider Univ. because the owners of Chick-Fil-A believe in traditional marriage.
* June, 2019: There is a California bill (ACR99) for force pastors to embrace pro-LGBTQ ideology, requiring them to stop labeling homosexuality and transgenderism “a sin.”
* July, 2019: A speaker who was Christian was disinvited from speaking at a conference about graphics and art because he attends a church that doesn’t fully approve of all things LGBTQ. The chapter who disinvited him prides itself in being welcoming, accepting, and non-discriminatory.
I know an accurate term for all of these actions to shut out Christians on the basis of “discrimination” against LGBTQ viewpoint: DISCRIMINATION. Those so vocal against discrimination have themselves become the biggest discriminators.